A great starter for any occasion and delicious served with drinks.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:15 mins
- 45g can John West Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil, undrained
- 1 cup parsley or ¼ cup thyme leaves
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 small egg, lightly beaten
Combine John West Anchovy Fillets, parsley, spring onions and lemon zest in a food processor and process until blended.
Spread anchovy mixture over one pastry sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Place second pastry sheet on top and lightly press together.
Cut each square into 12 long strips and shape into twists. Place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Brush with egg and bake in preheated oven at 200°C for 15 minutes or until golden.
Twists can be made the day before and kept in refrigerator. Reheat in oven before serving.