Packed with flavour, sardines on toast have never tasted better!
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:3 mins
- 8 slices crusty baguette
- ½ garlic clove
- 200g mixed tomato medley, chopped
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 110g can John West Sardines with Lemon and Thyme, drained, oil reserved
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Lightly toast or grill bread until golden. Rub both sides with garlic clove.
Combine tomatoes, spring onion and reserved oil in a bowl and spoon onto bread. Top each with a John West Sardine. Sprinkle with pepper and drizzle with oil, if desired. Serve immediately.
Use any of the flavoured John West Sardines varieties in this recipe.