A delicious Caesar style salad with chicken, anchovies and tomatoes.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:5 mins
- 45g can John West Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil, drained, reserving oil
- 1 skinless chicken breast fillet, cut into 6 thick strips
- Baby cos lettuce leaves, for serving
- 1 soft boiled egg, halved
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Shaved parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Prepared Caesar salad dressing
Brush chicken strips with reserved anchovy oil and char grill or panfry until cooked and golden.
Arrange lettuce leaves on serving plates and top with chicken strips, egg, spring onion, cherry tomatoes and anchovies and drizzle with Caesar salad dressing. Garnish with shaved parmesan and serve immediately.
To make a quick Caesar dressing combine ½ cup mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, 1 clove crushed garlic, 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce and 1 finely chopped anchovy fillet.