Pita pockets filled with cream cheese, chunks of tuna and spinach leaves
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:2 mins
- 4 pita bread pockets, split open
- ½ cup spreadable cream cheese, softened
- 425g can John West Tuna in Brine, drained
- ¼ cup capers
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 40g butter, melted
- Blistered vine ripened tomatoes, for serving
Spread cream cheese on the inside of each pita pocket.
Top with John West Tuna, capers, and spinach leaves. Gently press top half of pita down onto filling and brush with butter.
Place each pita pocket under a preheated grill or sandwich press and cook until browned. Cut in half and serve with blistered tomatoes.
Spray vine ripened tomatoes with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill with pockets or place in preheated oven at 180°C for 5-6 minutes.