An easy recipe of delicious roast beef with a salsa that is just right when catering for a special event.
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:60 mins
- 2 x 2kg whole beef fillets, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish
- Salsa Verdi: combine
- 190g jar Leggo’s Pesto – Traditional Basil
- 500g sour cream
- 45g can John West Anchovy Fillets in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
Place beef fillets in a greased baking tray, brush with olive oil and sprinkle generously with black pepper. Bake in a preheated oven at 200ºC for 1 hour.
Remove from oven, wrap tightly in foil and set aside for 20 minutes to rest. Refrigerate until required.
Cut beef into thin slices and arrange on a platter. Serve with Salsa Verdi.
Serve the beef with wedges of capsicum which can be char-grilled or stir-fried and served hot or cold. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.