A perfectly balanced salad filled with grain, protein and vegetable goodness.
Prep time:20 mins
Cook time:15 mins
- 425g can John West Tuna in Springwater, drained and flaked
- 1 cup freekah, cooked following packet directions, drained and cooled to room temperature
- 2 cups rocket
- ¼ cup shredded fresh mint leaves, plus extra leaves, for garnish
- 1½ cups frozen Birds Eye Broad Beans, blanched and shelled
- ½ red onion, shaved with vegetable peeler
- ½ cup roasted red capsicum strips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Zest of half a lemon and juice from 1
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Combine John West Tuna, freekah, rocket, mint, Birds Eye Broad Beans, onion, capsicum and almonds in a large bowl.
Combine remaining ingredients in a screw top jar to make a dressing. Season to taste. Toss gently through salad and serve immediately. Garnish with mint leaves.
Cracked wheat freekah and wholegrain freekah are generally available in supermarkets and most speciality food stores. If using wholegrain freekah, allow a longer cook time.