Pacifical c.v. is a global marketing company jointly set up by the eight Parties to the Nauru Agreement (PNA) countries in 2011 to promote PNA and actively trade their MSC certified sustainably caught free school skipjack tuna to tuna consumers around the world.
The 8 PNA countries are: Federate States of Micronesia, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Solomon Islands, and Tuvalu.
- The initiative to start Pacifical was taken by the leaders of the 8 PNA countries, because they want to see:
- Sustainable fishing of tuna within PNA waters
- Employment and other participation opportunities for their people
- Fair share of the economic return on the PNA's main natural resource: tuna
- A closer cooperation with the business and private sector
- Build closer relations with the retailers and consumers in the end markets
Learn more about Pacifical here